- Collection and use of personal data
Personal data means any data that can be directly or indirectly associated with you as an individual, which are collected and processed by Voton in order to fulfil contracts concluded with natural persons, to contact them, and perform obligations pursuant to law.
- Personal data of loyal customers can be collected in any of the following ways:
• when you provide us your contact information (incl. your name, personal ID code, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, the preferred method of communication) on our website or otherwise (e.g. in our stores);
• When you use our website, data are collected through your account or through cookies;
• When you make a purchase or place an order in our store or e-shop and store your personal contact information or purchasing preferences (in certain sections of the website Voton may ask you to voluntarily provide your personal data and personal information. Such personal data may include your name, address, postal code, e-mail address, telephone number, and other data);
- Collection of other data
We also collect non-personal data, i.e. data that cannot be directly linked to a particular individual (gender, age, language preference, location).
- Use and storage of collected personal data
We can use any personal data we have collected to display for customers Voton’ product news, campaigns and upcoming events. Customers who wish to opt out from our newsletter mailing list, or do not wish to get information about products that might interest them, may unsubscribe from the mailing lists at any time.
We also use personal data that we collect to deliver goods, and to fulfil obligations that we may have assumed towards the customer.
To ensure better customer service, Voton may disclose information about individual users to a third party who provides services to Voton and is contractually bound to keeping any shared information confidential. Such third party may be, for instance, our partner whose duty is to deliver goods sold in our e-shop, or provide hire-purchase services.
Voton stores all personal data of a client until the loyal customer contract terminates. Data that Voton must store pursuant to law (e.g. accounting data) are stored by Voton in accordance with the provisions of law.
- Security of personal data
Voton takes all precautions (incl. administrative, technical, and physical measures) to protect customers’ personal data. Only authorized persons have access to personal data for making alterations and processing the same.
Customers have the right to demand termination of the processing of their data, ask about how their data are used and request that their data be transmitted in a commonly used format either to themselves or to a third party. In order to avoid misuse of customer data and rights, such requests may only be submitted in a format that makes it possible to identify the person submitting that request (signed digitally or personally at the company’s office). We have the right to respond to such requests within 30 days.
We regard a request to terminate processing of data as a request to terminate the loyal customer contract.
Any personal data that you provide while visiting and shopping in Voton’ e-shop are considered confidential information.
The use of encrypted data transmission channel with banks guarantees that personal data and bank particulars of buyers are protected.